Monday, June 1, 2015

Help Me Finish My Dream Game

I've had a rough year.  A very rough year.  In the interest of getting right to the point, I could use some help.  I had to step away from Revery Online several months ago because I simply could not afford to continue it's development.  It is something that was incredibly difficult for me to do.  I have dreamt of building this game for a long time, and I put a ridiculous amount of man-hours and my personal time into it.  And there it sits, waiting until the day I can fund it again.

So, this is sort-of my last-ditch effort to bring it back to life.  I'm hoping that this game could get some donations, or even some pre-orders, in an effort to help it rise from the ashes.  This game was my life for over a year, and as of now, all that time is lost.



I need your help.  Not much.  Even though it is an MMO, I have a business plan in place that only requires a one-time purchase of $19.99 in order to play beyond the free demo.  That gets you a housing plot and all the superlatives.

I have a lot of time on my hands, but I do not have the funding to purchase assets to continue to fill the realm with props and monsters.  So, I'm turning to this awesome community, in the hopes that some of you will be able to empathize with my situation and either contribute a little bit to it's development, or even pre-order a copy of the game.  Anyone who followed it's progress up until the day I had to put it aside knows full-well the work I have put into it thus far, and I will work day and night to bring this game to light if I can.



If you even have $5 to contribute, that is more than enough.  A few dollars from a lot of people is all this game needs beyond my time, which I am more than willing to give.  There is a donate button up on the site: please, help a fellow gamedev achieve his dream game, and I will not rest until we are all Lost in Revery.


If you are interested in pre-ordering a copy, please either DM via Twitter or send an email to reveryonline@gmail.com.  If I can get enough people interested in pre-orders, then I can put in the time to setup a checkout system that delivers keys to those who own a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment